Our guiding principles are as follows:
- We will never sell, rent or lease any customer lists and/or names to any third parties.
- We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us.
- We will always strive to maintain high levels of security for any user data that we collect.
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy at any given time. If you want to make sure you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page. If at any point in time we decide to make use of any personally identifiable information on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated when this information was initially collected, the user or users shall be promptly notified by email. Users at that time will have the option as to whether to permit the use of their information in this separate manner.
This policy applies to www.CatherinePooler.com, www.shop.CatherinePooler.com and www.thestampnation.com, and it governs any and all data collection and usage by us. Through the use of these sites, you are therefore consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy.
Specifically, this Policy will inform you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our website.
- Why we collect personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such collection.
- How we use the collected information and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
Information We Collect
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. This website collects various types of information, such as:
- Voluntarily provided information which may include your name, address, email address, billing and/or credit card information, etc. which may be used when you purchase products and/or services and to deliver the services you requested.
- Non personally identifiable information which is automatically collected when visiting our website. This may include browser type, IP Address, type of operating system, referring site, the date and time of each visitor request, duration and similar information. Such information will assist us in providing and maintaining superior quality service.
Please rest assured that this site will only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide to us by way of surveys, completed membership forms, and emails. It is the intent of this site to use personal information only for the purpose for which it was requested, and any additional uses specifically provided for in this policy.
Cookies are small data files, typically made up of a string of text and numbers, that assign the device you are using to access the site a unique identifier. This information enables your computer to have a “dialogue” with our site and permits us to administer the site more efficiently; and to provide a more tailored and user-friendly service to you.
You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to prevent cookies from being sent; if you do so, this may limit the functionality we can provide you when you visit our site.
This site uses “Log files” to track actions occurring on the site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
This site uses “Web beacons”, “tags,” and/or “pixels”, which are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Why We Collect Information and For How Long
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs and provide you with the services you have requested.
- To fulfill our legitimate interest in improving our services and products
- To send you promotional emails containing information we think you may like when we have your consent to do so
- To contact you to fill out surveys or participate in other types of market research, when we have you consent to do so.
- To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
The data we collect from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain said information will be determined based upon the following criteria: the length of time your personal information remains relevant; the length of time if is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations; any limitation periods within which claims might be made; any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations; the type of contact we have with you, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.
Use of Information Collected
Catherine Pooler, LLC will never sell, rent or lease any of its customer lists and/or names to any third parties.
We may collect and make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from www.catherinepooler.com.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns). In addition we may use Device Information to send you information about products and promotions that apply to you.
We may also be in contact with you with regards to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered.
We use various third party social media features including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other interactive programs. These may collect your IP address and require cookies to work properly. These services are governed by the privacy policies of the providers and are not within our control.
Disclosure of Information
We may not use or disclose the information provided by you except under the following circumstances:
- As necessary to provide services or products you have ordered; For example, we may share your personal information with Shopify, which we use to power our online store–you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- In other ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented;
- In the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined;
- As required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- To outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- As necessary to enforce the Terms of Service.
- As necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of Catherine Pooler, LLC.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising at:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
We greatly respect your privacy. We do maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes(such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in our products and services). In certain circumstances, we may use our website, newspapers, or other public means to post a notice.
Children under the age of 13
Our website is not directed to, and does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from, children under the age of thirteen(13). If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen(13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database, or in the alternative, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information. Anyone under the age of thirteen(13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
All users and visitors to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communications from us by way of email or newsletters. Each promotional email contains unsubscribe instructions at the bottom. You may also unsubscribe at any time by emailing [email protected]. If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe or opt-out.
Links to Other Websites
Notice to European Union Users
Our operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) and sent to the United States. (The adequacy decision on the EU-US Privacy became operational on August 1, 2016. This framework protects the fundamental rights of anyone in the EU whose personal data is transferred to the United States for commercial purposes. It allows the free transfer of data to companies that are certified in the US under the Privacy Shield). By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described in this Policy.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Whenever we collect sensitive information(e.g. Credit card information), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the webpage.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job(for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. This is done to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the user’s personal information under our control.
The company also uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for authentication and private communications to build users’ trust and confidence in the internet and website use by providing simple and secure access and communication of credit card and personal information.
Acceptance of Terms
How to Contact Us
Email: [email protected]
Catherine Pooler, LLC
5605 Chapel Hill Road Suite 122
Raleigh, NC 27607