Hi everyone! Chrissie here! I’m so excited to be sharing this card on Catherine’s blog. I had so much fun creating with this set! I decided to make a Christmas card, using more non-traditional colors.
I’m sharing the step-by-step instructions so that you can recreate it in your own crafty space.
1. Trim a piece of white cardstock to 4.25 x 11 inches, score at 5.5 and fold in half. Set aside to use as your card base.
2. Trim two other pieces of cardstock; one to 4 x 5.25 inches and one to 3.75 x 5 inches. The smaller one will be the front panel.
3. Die cut a window using the Good Stuff die out of plain paper (non cardstock). This will become a reverse mask.
4. Place this mask onto the front panel in the center. Hold in place and start to add ink using an ink blending tool. Start with the light colors at the bottom (Party Dress), then move up and add darker colors (Flirty Fuchsia, Black Jack and Midnight).
5. With the mask still in place, stamp the stars from Here We Come A Caroling in Black Jack ink in the top half of the inked area.
6. Stamp the tree from the Here We Come A Caroling stamp set on a piece of white cardstock in Midnight ink. Carefully trim it out or use the coordinating die.
7. Stamp the “O Holy Night” sentiment from Here We Come A Caroling in the upper area of the inked panel. Then, stamp the light post.
8. Adhere the tree to the panel using foam squares.
9. Assemble the card using foam squares. Add the larger white panel to the card base, then the smaller panel (with all of the inked images).
10. To finish off the card, add a few clear iridescent or coordinating sequins.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! And a huge thank you to Catherine for having me on her blog! I hope you guys will give this a try. I’d love to see what you create, so please use hashtag #catherinepoolerdesigns out there in social media land so we can find you!