Welcome to Day #3 of StampNation‘s 4th Birthday Bash! Today’s challenge is to make a “Card for a Kid”! FUN!
Oh, how I love this card…let me count the ways…
In this video, we’ll make a Kids’ Birthday Card with Simon Says Stamp!
Stenciling– I first used the stencil as a stamp to add a gorgeous sparkle to the background.
Rainbow colors with Distress Ink. Nuff said. Who doesn’t love that?
Farm Animals – what kid wouldn’t smile at these? Who am I kidding? What ADULT wouldn’t smile at these?
Chalkboard Technique – this trend has some serious sticking power! It’s been popular for a loooong time. I’ve been at CHA this year checking out new trends and products coming out in the crafting industry and there is still a bunch of chalkboard stuff!
This darling set by Simon Says Stamp is perfect for this technique…especially if you don’t want to COLOR! 🙂
Wooden Embellishments – this is another trend that has been around for a while and I love it! I haven’t used wooden embellishments a ton, but I think I need to use them more.
What is your favorite part? How are you inspired today?
Here is a peek at the card coming to StampNation today. I don’t know if you can tell, but the background is double stenciled! Such a fabulous effect!
I’ll see you over there!
New here? WELCOME! I’d love to stay in touch – SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER and get exclusive projects in your inbox!
——— S U P P L I E S ———
• Simon Says Clear Stamps BIRTHDAY FARM ANIMALS sss101430 This is the Life
• Simon Says Stamp Stencil FLOWER PATTERN ssst121366 Cold Hands Warm Heart
• Ink Blending Tool Replacement Foam, 1 Inch Round ——
• Ink Blending Tool, 1 Inch Round
• Memory Box Dies, Cornerstone Seal (Retiring)
• Distress Ink Pad, Picked Raspberry
• Distress Ink Pad, Mustard Seed
• Distress Ink Pad, Peacock Feathers
• Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock, Marshmallow, 10 pk
• Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock, Licorice Twist, 25 pk
• Imagine Crafts Psst Shimmer Spritz 7ml Sheer Sprkl
• Avery Elle Ink Pad, Pure White
• Hero Arts Pigment Ink Pad, Unicorn White