As we enter a new year, it's time for the 6th Dazzling Diva's Challenge! The challenge is to make a card or a project inspired by this photo and incorporating stitching.
There was no way I was going to be doing hand stitching or needlepoint or cross stitching, so I broke out my Hello Kitty sewing machine and did some machine stitching! I don't do this often, but when I do, I really love the look of it.
Here is how I made this card:
- Sponge edges of 5-1/4 x 4″ Pool Party Cardstock with Pool Party Ink and stitch edges with sewing machine
- Adhere to 5-1/2 x 8-1/2″ Whisper White Card Base.
- Run 4-1/2 x 3-1/4″ peice of Whisper White Cardstock through the Big Shot with the Arrows Embossing Folder.
- Adhere with Liquid Glue to card.
- Cut Fresh Prints Designer Series Paper with largest Banner Framelit and attach to card with Dimensionals.
- Ink stamp with Pool Party Ink and color “you” and “me” with Real Red Marker. Stamp and cut out with smallest Circle Framelit.
- Cut hearts out of Fresh Prints Designer Series Paper and stitch them together with sewing machine.
- Attach the two hearts on the ends to card with dimensional and let the rest hang free.
- Cut Scarlet Red and Wondrous White Metal Sheets with Heart Punch and attach them to stamped circle.
- Tie a small bow with Baker's Twine and adhere to center of hearts with Liquid Glue.
- Attach stamped, embellished circle to card with dimensionals and you are done!
This is a great card for Valentine's Day or any day. Change out the greeting and perhaps the colors and you can make this a Birthday Card, Thank You Card, Thinking of You Card…I could go on!