When I was working on my video series, The top 10 things every stamper needs to know, I made a couple different cards and this was one of them.
It’s simple, but sure to bring a smile to the recipient’s face.
If you are a paper crafter that likes more complicated and “done up” cards, I can think of quite a few things to add a bit more UMPH to this card.
- add a small scallop border punch to the layer on the side opposite the sentiment
- stamp the butterflies again, punch them out and adhere them to the card just adding glue to the center of the butterflies (you might want to leave off the ribbon if you did this)
- stamp the sentiment on a banner instead of directly on the card
- add a 4 x 5-1/4 layer to the card. Use patterned paper or a dry embossed piece of solid cardstock
What other ideas do you have to dress up this card? Or maybe you’d leave as-is!
Stampin’ Up Supplies:
- Papillion Potpourri Stamp Set
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Melon Mambo
- Ink: Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant
- Accessories: Rhinestones, Organdy Ribbon
As I was posting this card, I realized it is the same layout as the card I posted on StampNation this morning! This card fits:
- the Masculine Card Challenge
- the Repetition Clean and Simple Classroom lesson
- I filmed a video (#322) on how to make it and how/why the sponging fit in!
Members can click the links to view the above posts on StampNation.
If you would like to see more cards I’ve made with the Papillion Potpourri Stamp Set, follow these links:
WOW! Think I like this stamp set? 🙂