Debbie, one of our StampNation Members asked yesterday if anyone had seen a tutorial for a box for the ornament on the cover of the Stampin' Up Holiday Catalog. I just about slapped myself and screamed GENIUS!
Now with a box, you can make this lovelies and give them in a coordinating box…won't your friends think you are Ah-May-ZING!??
View the video to see how to make the box – You can download the entire step-by-step tutorial on how to make the Holiday Ornament immediately as a PDF, just click here!
- Bottom: cut a 12 x 12 to 8-3/4 x 8-3/4, score at 1-1/2 and 7-1/4 on both sides
- Top: cut a peice of Designer Series Paper to 7-3/4 x 7-3/4, score at 1″ and 6-3/4
UPDATE: These measurements and directions worked for me, but there is a slight tweak to be made (you need to make sure the top of the box is 1/8″ larger than the bottom):
Another way to look at this is to score the top (the DSP) 1″ all the way around, all 4 sides and the bottom (the solid piece) is scored at 1-1/2″ on all four sides.
Cut the top (the DSP) at 7-7/8″ x 7-7/8″ and score 1″ in on all four sides.
Cut the bottom (the solid) at 8-3/4″ x 8-3/4″ and score 1-1/2″ in on all four sides.
Let me know if you have any questions! I hope you enjoyed this video!
The Holiday Project Explosion at StampNation is in full swing!
Not only are there TONS of new videos and projects just added to the site, but once you join, you will have access to the ENTIRE MEMBERSHIP SITE! Hundreds of videos, tons of challenges, the project gallery, tutorials….and much, much more!
EXCLUSIVE VIDEO TUTORIALS
Enjoy over 385 videos, exclusive to StampNation. No more searching the internet for project and seasonal ideas. You will never lack for inspiration! What you will find:
- New videos being added weekly (8 or more each month!) on everything from cards to techniques to scrapbooking and everything in between!
- These videos are only for StampNation Members and will keep you up to date on the hottest products and trends in the papercrafting industry.
- You will learn how to get the most from the products you have on hand and learn how to use new ones before you decide to purchase them.
- Videos are close-up, well lit, detailed, and easy to understand. They are larger than the videos on my blog so you can see the action much better!
- Projects range from Clean and Simple to more elaborate and detailed so you are sure to find tons of inspiration that fits your taste.
WRITTEN TUTORIALS: For learners that like this format, we also have this type of tutorial.
CHALLENGES: Peruse over 100 challenges to inspire your creativity…more being added monthly.
GALLERY: Over 18,000 samples sorted by stamp set and occasion. Upload your own creations, favorite ones you love and comment on friends’ projects.
MESSAGE BOARDS: Plug into a community of positive, passionate papercrafters (including me!) committed to helping you take your skills to the next level.
LIVE CHATS: Use the chat feature to talk to members from all over the world. There’s always someone around to answer any questions you have.
WE LISTEN TO MEMBERS! StampNation grows and changes becoming better all the time! Members talk and we listen! This site is for YOU!