The Sale-a-bration My Favorites Series has been one of my favorites so far! This series had lots of fun cards including:
- 6 Video Tutorials
- a One Layer Card
- 2 Cards by Eva
- 2 Bonus Tutorials for StampNation Members
Which is your favorite!?
I wanted to wrap this series up with a bang, so I decided to do a Swing Card. I first tried one of these several years ago and honestly, I thought it was a bit too complicated and wasn’t impressed.
StampNation Members! I have another way (I think it’s an easier way!) to get this same effect. Video coming… Details on membership: http://catherinepooler.com/stamp-nation-2/
I decided to give it another try and made several of them to get the hang of it with the measurements and folds and such and I’ll say, once you practice a bit they are quite easy to make! Be sure to have the measurements nearby and take your time. If you mess up a few times, don’t give up!
View the video to see how to make a Swing Card!
- Cut your cardstock base to 5-1/2 x 6-3/4
- at 2-3/4″ score to 1-1/4″
- pick up your score blade and move it to 4-1/4 and score to the bottom of the card
- now move your cardstock over the 4″ and repeat the scoring you just did
- turn your cardstock, lining it up at 4-1/4
- cut at 1-1/4 to score line
- then cut score line to 5-1/4
- turn card and repeat on the other side
- turn one more time. line up at 1-1/4 and cut from cut to cut on both sides
Does this make sense? The directions sound involved, and are tricky to write out, so let me know if I made any errors!
Stampin’ Up Supplies:
- Fresh Vintage Stamp Set
- Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake
- Ink: Chocolate Chip,
- Accessories: Everyday Elegance Designer Series Paper, Big Shot, Dimensionals, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Basic Pearls, Square Lattice Embossing Folder
Happy Day stamper friends!