Hello Friends! ahhh…the kids went back to school today. What an interesting, unexpected vacation and I know you northerners are totally cracking up that 5″ of snow on Saturday had the kids out of school through Wednesday! Certainly not how I grew up in Upstate NY! anyway….
My friend Amy brought me some scrapbooking magazines last week and while perusing, I got inspired to make this card! You can see the original scrapbook page from Scrapbooks, Etc., in the video. I love the “peek-a-boo” look and I’m cooking up some more projects using this idea. Aint it cool? 😉
I embossed the greeting by stamping Happy Birthday from the Well Scripted stamp set in White Craft Ink, poured on my White Embossing Powder, then I heated it with my Stampin’ Up Heat Tool.
Before stamping, be sure to wipe down your cardstock with the Embossing Buddy, it will remove the static from your cardstock so the Embossing Powder only sticks to the stamped image. One thing to think about though, the white powder in the Embossing Buddy can make a bit of a smudge on your Black cardstock, so for club, I am going to change this card base to Close to Cocoa to make it a bit more user-friendly. (and yes, that smudge on the bottom is totally bugging me now that I keep looking at it! yikes!)
If you are a Cards and Projects Club member, we will be making this on Sunday or Monday. Be sure to register here for your session and if you haven’t joined us before, I invite you to come have some fun!
Not local to Raleigh? You can still participate and get all the supplies to make this and 2 more projects when you join the Online Cards and Projects club! The skinny here.
- Well Scripted stamp set
- 117161 Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper $24.94 (48 sheets) click here to see my split and get a sampling of Designer Papers
- 112004 1 3/4″ Circle Punch $15.95
- 104401 1 3/8″ Circle Punch $15.95
- 104403 1 1/4″ Circle Punch $15.95
- 118402 Scallop Trim Border Punch FREE with a $50 purchase
- 104430 Dimensionals $3.95
- 101731 White Craft Ink $7.50 (or you can use a 102283 Versamark Pad $7.50)
- 109132 White Embossing Powder $4.75
- 100005 Stampin’ Up Heat Tool $29.95
- 103083 Embossing Buddy $5.95
- 102197 Powder Pals (1 large, 1 small) $19.95
Happy Stamping Everyone!