Tri Fold Shutter Card Video Tutorial – Fancy Fold Card for Anna and Nathan

Have you ever made a Tri Fold Shutter Card?

Nine years ago I signed up as a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator.  I’m not exactly sure the exact date, but it was right around mid-October 2003.  So happy anniversary to me!  :)  I tell you this, because I can’t believe in NINE years I’ve never made a Tri Fold Shutter Card!

I hope my Tri Fold Shutter Card Video Tutorial is easy to follow and makes YOU successful making one of your own!

Stampin’ Up Supplies for holiday Tri Fold Shutter Card:

• More Merry Messages Stamp Set (WM: 126400, CM: 126402) , Chock Full of Cheer Stamp Set (WM: 126715, CM: 126717)
  • Cardstock:  Very Vanilla (12 x 12), Gumball Green
  • Ink:  Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler
  • Accessories: 126896 Be of Good Cheer DSP, 127824 Mitten Punch, 119850 1-3/4″ Circle Punch  , 118874 2-3/8″ Scallop Circle Punch

This Christmas themed card is for Nathan…I hope he likes it!

The birthday one below was for Anna…who just turned 13.  She LOVED this card I am delighted to say!

Measurements for the Tri Fold Shutter Card:

Base: 5-1/2″ x 12″

Designer Series Paper:

• (2- very end vertical panels) 1-3/4 x 5-1/2
  • (4) 1-3/4 x 1-1/4
  • (1- center panel) 3-3/4 x 2-1/4
  • (2) 1-3/4 x 2-1/4
  • (2) 3-3/4 x 1-1/4

Supplies for Birthday Tri Fold Shutter Card:

• Make a Cake Stamp Set (WM: 126740, CM: 126742), Bring on the Cake Stamp Set (WM: 121899, CM: 121958), Papillion Potpourri Stamp Set (WM: 123757, CM: 123759)
  • Cardstock:  Baja Breeze (12 x 12), Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Summer Starfruit
  • Ink: 126960 Baja Breeze, 126954 Rose Red, 126991 Summer Starfruit (the heart was stamped with Summer Starfruit, but wasn’t cleaned well from the last time I used it and hello!  Happy accident!  There is a bit of pink shading on the top of the heart)
  • Accessories: 126916 Patio Party Designer Series Paper, 125598 Label Framelits, 127526 Elegant Butterfly Punch, 100625 Heat and Stick Embossing Powder, 102023 Dazzling Diamonds Glitter

Thanks for popping in here today!  Is there a Fancy Fold or Moving Card that you’ve seen done that you want to try, but haven’t succeeded yet?  Leave me a note here and let me know!  Maybe you will see it in an upcoming Video Tutorial!

If you liked this project and video tutorial on the Tri Fold Shutter Card, you will want to:

• Subscribe to my newsletter…enter your email address and name in the box on the top of the sidebar on my blog.
  • Become a StampNation Member for more than 250 video tutorials, exclusive to SN, on everything from techniques to moving cards and fancy folds to scrapbooking and much more!  CLICK HERE for details on membership.

Catherine Pooler

If you want to learn more about which adhesives to use for which project, view my video on youtube.

If you want to learn more about how to use the Big Shot Die Cutting Machine, view my video on youtube.

If you liked this Tri Fold Shutter Card Video Tutorial, click one of the buttons below to share it with your friends!

• Kimie October 14, 2012, 2:04 pm

Wow! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Thanks so much for this tutorial. These are both gorgeous cards. With this BD card for your sweet Anna, you have caused me to “need” both of these birthday stamp sets. :) I really need to try this technique and am sure I will with your great tutorial!!

• Kristie October 14, 2012, 3:48 pm

Happy Anniversary to you!! This is a great tutorial. LOVE both of these cards and I have never made a card like this before but you have surely inspired me to do so real soon! Thank you! :)

• Cynthia October 15, 2012, 2:32 am

Thanks for sharing such beautiful cards. I am going to try it before I go to bed.

• MichelleP October 15, 2012, 5:34 am

CP, what a great job you did!!! This is one of the easiest tutorial I have seen on this card style – man you really do break things down and make it seem simple. Love it!

• Betty K October 24, 2012, 10:37 pm

Great cards and such an easy way to do
    it, I never tried because it looked so hard to do but your video has made it a joy to try.

• pam brown September 18, 2014, 5:58 pm

This is the best tutorial ever and your cards are just amazing. Thank you so much for being willing to share.

Christmas Projects Techniques Videos

GET YOUR GUIDE: "THE TOP 10 THINGS EVERY STAMPER NEEDS TO KNOW"
(number 10 is my all-time favorite!)
Plus you’ll be added to my FREE mailing list to receive my best paper crafting tips and tricks that I only share in emails!

Wrinkle Free Distress on Four Types of Cardstock with Catherine Pooler

Access to StampNation is down

trendy peeks

A Very Trendy Holiday 2.0 – make awesome cards this holiday season!

Masked, Stencils and Watercolored Holly Christmas Card

Masked, Stencils and Watercolored Holly Christmas Card

TrendyHoliday2014

A Very Trendy Holiday 2.0 is coming!

34HolidayCardsandTags

Christmas Cards and Tags to make

KISS One Layer Christmas Card

One Layer Christmas KISS Card – video tutorial

Positive Post it notes

A Follow up to yesterday’s post

Pink Power breast cancer awareness2

Pink Power Blog Hop for Breast Cancer Awareness- Masking Video Tutorial

Sparkling White Emboss Resist Background 2

Sparkled White Emboss Resist Background – Video Tutorial

CASual Fridays masked snowflakes

Masked and Sponged Snowflake Card

autumn acornns

Ellen Hutson new stamps and Easy Faux Woodgrain Video Tutorial!

WCMD projects

World Card Making Day is here!

CatherinePooler_StampNation_WCMD_blog

Where am I for World Card Making Day?

Things don’t always go as planned…

double inked embossing 2