Christmas Ornament Stampin’ Up Mini Catalog Cover

I had a few requests from stampers wanting to know how to make this beauty.  It’s a bit time consuming, but it’s worth it.  The results are stunning!  What do you think?

Click one of the buttons at the bottom of this post if you like it so you can share it with your friends, you don’t want to leave them out!

Hint: you can download this entire step-by-step tutorial immediately as a PDF for offline reading later, just click here!

Enjoy the article? Then take it with you! Click here to download the PDF.

SHOP IN MY ONLINE STORE

Click any of the bold, burgandy product names to view in my online store.

Stampin’ Up Supplies:

• Ornament Keepsakes Stamp Set (WM: 128048 CM: 128051)
  • Cardstock: 101650 Very Vanilla
  • Ink:  126953 Old Olive, 126966 Cherry Cobbler
  • Accessories:  127841 Cherry Cobbler Tulle ribbon, 119246 Basic Rhinestones, 104199 Linen Thread, 126901 Candlelight Christmas Specialty Paper , 127816 Holiday Ornaments Framelits Dies

Ornament Keepsakes Bundle – Purchase the Ornament Keesakes Stamp Set and the Holiday Ornaments Framelits Dies together and get 15% off!

• Wood Mount: 129949
  • Clear Mount: 129950

In a hurry? You can download this entire tutorial – complete with 15 photos – immediately as a PDF, just click here.

• Char August 22, 2012, 1:13 pm

I think the ornament is beautiful. I make ornaments for people every year and give them as gifts!! I would love to see the snowflake ornament video. Thank you so
    much….Have a great day….

• Nanci August 22, 2012, 1:24 pm

Thank you for the video. You made it so clear and made it look easy. Very encouraging for all.

• Sue B. August 22, 2012, 2:12 pm

Oh, thank you! It is beautiful! I so appreciate your “bowing to pressure” and taking the time to make the vid!!

• Debbie August 22, 2012, 3:43 pm

I was in love with this ornament since the Holiday catalog first arrived and could not find instructions anywhere as to how to make it. Catherine, thanks so much for making it possible and for making it come alive! Can’t wait to see the StampNation post too!

• Ronnie August 22, 2012, 5:38 pm

Wow Catherine – what excellent directions – thanks so much for taking the time needed to show how to make this ornament – think I’ll start now. Thanks again – I love it.

• Victoria August 22, 2012, 5:46 pm

Catherine,

Lovely, can’t wait until I can try this! Yes, a lot of work, but as you say “worth it”. I am retiring soon form my 45 years of working, so I look forward to having time to create!
    Thanks for sharing ~
    Victoria

• craftbutler August 22, 2012, 5:46 pm

Excellent…just what I wanted and hadn’t asked for yet. LOVE IT!

• Mariette August 22, 2012, 6:02 pm

Wow! What a wonderful job you did.

• ellen August 22, 2012, 6:22 pm

love the video such a lovely idea, and you make it look so easy

• Barb Mann August 22, 2012, 6:49 pm

LOVE IT! Wonderful job Catherine. I took notes & actually think I can make one – Wahoo! I have a Christmas Club member who wants us to make one at an upcoming workshop. Hope I can. Likely one of the more simple ones. Your demo was fantastic!

• Nancy G. August 22, 2012, 6:53 pm

Thanks so much for the great video, I am in the process of making one of these ornaments, but learned several things from your video!

• Coral Powell August 22, 2012, 7:03 pm

Hi Catherine,
    I am so glad I happened upon your website.
    Your videos are amazing, and so easy to follow. Thank you for sharing the instructions for the Christmas ornament.
    I look forward to receiving your posts.
    Regards,
    Coral (from Australia)

• tomomi August 22, 2012, 7:11 pm

The ornament is beautiful!!! I love blue and white one too. I would like to make these ornaments!! Thank you for the video,Catherine.

• Lesley Court August 22, 2012, 7:47 pm

Catherine , I had looked at that cover and told myself I had to make it! a million thanks for doing all the thinking for me. I am from Australia I I don’t think I can use you as my demonstrator – but you are certainly my teacher.

• Joy Haywood August 22, 2012, 8:28 pm

Thank you so much that is beautiful.
    I will try and make them for our Charity Bring & Buy Day

• Marilyn August 22, 2012, 11:31 pm

Catherine,
    Wow- thank you for sharing your creative talents. Your step by step video is fabulous.

• DeAnna August 23, 2012, 1:03 am

Catherine, this ornament is so gorgeously beautiful. I really want to get this set of stamps and dies now, I can’t wait.Love it!

• Ann August 23, 2012, 4:45 am

Thank you so much Catherine for this. I hold a cardmaking class each Wednesday and since the “Girls” have seen the mini they have wanted me to do it. I have been sat figuring out how it was done and now you have done it for me. Once again thanks a lot. The only problem now is that we have to wait till 1st September here in the UK to get the stamps. Am I wishing my life away? LOL

• Kimie August 23, 2012, 6:45 am

This ornament is so pretty. Thanks so much for the video tutorial and the extra little video for SN members! You make it look so easy. As much as I loved this ornament on the cover of the catalog, I had no intention of trying one because of the time involved. You have changed my mind. :) LOVE!

• Maddie August 23, 2012, 7:26 am

Love the tip with the shot glass! Now I need to buy this bundle! Thank you.

• cecile August 23, 2012, 8:43 am

really nice work, thks

• Kristie August 23, 2012, 9:39 am

I love this ornament and your instructions are so easy to follow! Thanks so much for coming through for everyone who asked~including myself! You are the best. :)

• Darlene August 23, 2012, 10:31 am

Thank you for a great video. This ornament is gorgeous and your tips will help to make this easy to assemble. You rock. :) I love your work.

• Penny Douphinett August 23, 2012, 10:49 am

Catherine, that is a wonderful tut! Thank you so much. It is beautiful and seems easy to make – they will make great gifts.

• MaryLou Moroski August 23, 2012, 7:49 pm

This tutorial was amazing and you made it look soooo easy,thank you for the inspiration. Keep up the good work:-)

• Gisela August 23, 2012, 11:31 pm

Great video! Thanks for taking the time to teach us how to make this ornament.

• Carolyn August 25, 2012, 12:16 pm

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

• Mandy August 26, 2012, 4:44 am

Thank you Catherine, for sharing the mysteries of this lovely ornament. I am anxiously waiting for the 1st September when i can order the stamps and framelets.

• Linda Johnson August 29, 2012, 9:07 am

Great instructional for a gorgeous ornament

• Audrey September 4, 2012, 3:48 pm

You are an AMAZING teacher! Your instructions were so clear and simple. I think your approachable style really works. Thank you for posting this video. It is great!

I noticed in the catalog picture that it seems like the ornament is double sided. Would that just be 2 of these ornaments glued together? Any tips on doing that? Can we eliminate any of the pieces to make the backside 3-dimensional as well?

• Marge Disbrow November 6, 2013, 2:38 pm

Love it Catherine, have to make time to get some of these done. Thanks

• Susan Silne November 6, 2013, 5:10 pm

Great Video Catherine!!

This ornament for Christmes is sow cute that you gave a nice idea for making ornaments like this for oder Holiday’s.

• Carol November 7, 2013, 12:08 am

Catherine, I have the supplies to make this ornament from last year but never made it. Your instructions were very clear and simple to follow and I thank you for sharing them with us. Now, I can make it myself and will have a beautiful new ornament for 2013.

Thanks!

• Elaine November 7, 2013, 7:24 am

This is fan tas tic love it . I will get my girlfriends to make one for our Christmas party. thanks for sharing

• Ann Eales September 6, 2014, 12:24 pm

Wonderful thank you.

• Mado October 1, 2014, 11:30 pm

J’adore les décos de Noël et tous ce que vous faites. J’aimerais bien avoir le tutirial. Merci beaucoup et félicitations

• Bobbie Bluegill October 15, 2014, 4:19 pm

This particular ornament is too fussy and time consuming for me. Never the less – another great video and I got so many tips in the video that I will use on somewhat simpler ornaments or package toppers. For instance, scoring the center of shaped die-cuts before folding them. Also making the little tule “roses”.
    So thumbs up!

3D Projects Big Shot Christmas Projects Videos

GET YOUR GUIDE: "THE TOP 10 THINGS EVERY STAMPER NEEDS TO KNOW"
(number 10 is my all-time favorite!)
Plus you’ll be added to my FREE mailing list to receive my best paper crafting tips and tricks that I only share in emails!

collage 2

Peaceful Gold and White – a challenge

what is a pigment ink pad

Q&A: What is a Pigment Ink Pad?

CD

2014 Compilation CD Update

DreamTeamMember

StampNation Dream Team Member Highlight

Screen Shot 2014-12-11 at 2.13.22 PM

How to make Whipped Body Butter: Easy DIY video tutorial

DeNami Shaker Card 1

Watercolored Shaker Card Tutorial with DeNami Designs

StampNationMemberHighlight

StampNation Member Highlight!

stenciled

Christmas Card with Embossing Paste and Stencils Video Tutorial

Catherine Pooler on Facebook

Holiday Inspiration by YOU!

stephanie creations

Introducing Our Guest Designer for December!

cas-ual2

How to get inspired – CAS-ual Fridays CAS Holiday Card

Screen Shot 2014-12-01 at 11.46.41 AM

FAQ: Compilation CD!

Screen Shot 2014-11-29 at 8.44.11 PM

We have a winner!

CD

Black Friday Special price on my Compilation CD!

Screen Shot 2014-11-26 at 3.04.08 PM

Storage Solutions for Die cutting

A year’s worth of inspiration!