Accordian Fold Moving Card – Do you love Fancy Fold Cards?

In a hurry? click here to download the PDF tutorial for the Accordian Fancy Fold Card!

Thanks to everyone that left a comment on my Youtube Video yesterday asking kind of Stampin’ Up Holiday Card Ideas you are looking for!!  Quite a few of you said “Moving Cards”!!!

Since this is birthday week at my house (my daughter, then mom, then hubby all in one week!), I needed to make some special cards today.

Special cards.  You want to see moving cards, fancy folds and 3D cards.  My wheels started turning!

View the video to see what I came up with and how to make it.

Don’t forget how to make this super cool card! Click here to download the PDF tutorial for this card.    Measurements for Accordian Fold Tag:

• 3-1/2 x 12″ piece of cardstock

• Score at 3″, 4-1/2″, 6″, 7-1/2″, and 9″

• Panels for decorating the inside are 1-3/8″ x 2-5/8″

• Outside panel is 1-1/2″ x 2-5/8″

Have all the information at your fingertips – click here to download the PDF tutorial for the Accordian Fancy Fold Card!

Stampin’ Up Supplies:

• Create a Cupcake Stamp Set (WM:121915 , CM:121982), You’re a Gem Stamp Set  (WM:122268 , CM:122270), 111664 On Your Birthday Stamp Set
  • Cardstock:  115318 Soft Suede, (121078 Neutrals 12 x 12 assorted textured) Basic Black, 101650 Very Vanilla
  • Ink:  115657 Soft Suede
  • Accessories:  122366 Mocha Morning DSP, 117193 Small Heart Punch, 121878 Newsprint Specialty Paper, 119861 1-1/4″ Circle Punch, 119860 1-3/8″ Circle Punch, 122967 Soft Suede Taffeta Ribbon, 115954 Two Tags Big Shot Die, 119246 Basic Rhinestones

This fun folding card gives you a ton of room for mutliple signatures, love notes or stamping fun!

What do you think?  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think, and be sure to scroll down to the bottom of this post to share this on social media!

Here is the same card, different papers and embellishments.  This one is for my mom!

Stampin’ Up Supplies:

• Petite Pairs Stamp Set (WM:122495, CM:122497), 111664 On Your Birthday Stamp Set
  • Cardstock:  100730 Whisper White, 119686 Early Espresso, 100702 Old Olive, 122925 Calypso Coral
  • Ink:  119670 Early Espresso
  • Accessories:  119861 1-1/4″ Circle Punch, 119860 1-3/8″ Circle Punch, 115954 Two Tags Big Shot Die, 119246 Basic Rhinestones, 119853 Eyelet Border Punch, 122976 Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon, 118309  Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack

Enjoy this tutorial? Then take it with you! Click here to download the PDF.

• Lisa Martz October 19, 2011, 2:23 pm

How clever! Great idea!

• Lucy October 19, 2011, 3:38 pm

Great idea! I’m sure your VIPs will love their cards. TFS.

• Diane J October 19, 2011, 5:03 pm

stunning cards, your Mom and Husband are going to love receiving these.
    Beautiful papers and I love the acordian fold tag.
    Good luck in the challenge
    Diane (Guest Designer, ICS) x

• Julie Price October 19, 2011, 6:40 pm

Very sweet cards, clever fold, great job! Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week
    hugs Julie P

• Becky Jo October 20, 2011, 8:22 am

Just love this card and the video, too! Great job!! I’m sure your husband, daughter, and mother will love their cards!
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea. Hugs!!

• Diane October 20, 2011, 10:51 am

Fab idea and fab card Catherine !!

thanks for joining us this week at The Crafty Pad !!

hugs Diane xx

• Crafty Tami October 20, 2011, 11:15 am

I love this idea!!! I’m going to try it out now ;o)
    Thanks SOOO much Catherine ;o)

• LisaR October 20, 2011, 11:21 am

Wow! Love this idea! Yess, I’m one of those people who like interactive cards and boxes. TFS

• LisaR October 20, 2011, 11:21 am

• Cath October 20, 2011, 11:26 am

Beautiful cards, Catherine! :)

• Julie October 20, 2011, 2:26 pm

Awesome card! What a clever way to use that die, I’m going to have to try it!

• Dawn B. October 20, 2011, 3:49 pm

Your cards are very lovely and thank you for joining ICSketches this week. Dawn♥

• Winnie October 20, 2011, 4:38 pm

Wow this is a great card, love the design and colors.
    Thank you for joining our challenge this week at Stamptacular Sunday

Hugs Winnie @ Norwayscrapper

• Deneen Treble October 20, 2011, 5:04 pm

Great cards! I love the accordian fold, what a great idea. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday!

• Debs October 20, 2011, 5:36 pm

Gorgeous cards, lovely image and papers. Thanks for joining us at ICSketches this week.
    Hugs Debs

• Ali (Aqualeiga) October 20, 2011, 5:45 pm

Hi,
    I adore your fabulous monochromatic card, it’s STUNNING!! Thanks so much for joining us at THE CRAFTY PAD this week.
    Hugs, Ali x

• scrapinglo October 20, 2011, 6:55 pm

I love love love this card!

• Susie Little October 21, 2011, 3:29 am

Gorgeous! Thank you for playing at ICS xx

• Maureen Merritt October 21, 2011, 6:10 am

Wow, you outdid yourself on this one!

• Debbie B. October 21, 2011, 10:39 pm

I love it! What a great design, and that DP paper on your husband’s card is fabulous. I have to check that out. Can’t wait to try it!

• Sara October 21, 2011, 11:21 pm

Gorgeous cards! thanks for playing along with ICS!

• Samantha :0) October 22, 2011, 6:51 pm

Hi ya! these cards are awesome! Please add a link back to Top Tip Tuesday if you would like to be in with a chance of winning any prizes for our Layer it up Challenge,

Don’t forget you can enter up to 3 different projects and if you share a tip on your blog add Tip after your name on Linky for a chance to win the Tippers prize! I hope you can come and play again soon, Hugs Samantha

• Alexis October 23, 2011, 10:11 am

I love them both. They are beautiful. Great take on this weeks challenge!! Thanks for joining us this week at Fab ‘n Funky. Good luck and we hope to see you again Wednesday for our new challenge.

thanks, Alexis
    Fab ‘n Funky DT member

• Marion October 25, 2011, 2:50 pm

Thanks for you comment on my blog! Loved this card and just had to case it. The post says, that it is so much fun to make and I nearly used all of my christmas stamps-sets for it. ;-) I found your blog, because I`m in the same design-team (Inkspire me-Challenge) as your downline Jessica. All the best!

• Lin - Twisted Witch October 26, 2011, 2:54 am

What a clever idea. You could hide all sorts of goodies inside that flap!

Thanks for joining us at Lexi’s Creations.

Lin xx

• Wendy Colledge October 26, 2011, 5:07 pm

Just LOVE it!!! Just gorgeous.Thank you for playing along in the challenge this week @ Lexi’s Creations.

• Claudia October 28, 2011, 12:45 pm

Wow!!!! I love it. What a wonderful idea… Thank you for sharing it…

Claudia

• Maria Helena November 4, 2011, 12:38 pm

I just loved this card. It is super original, and the combination of colours…masculine but very neat…too bad I don’t have the Big Shot yet…the die cut tag looks very nice!! I love your blog.

• Earline Marini December 4, 2011, 2:50 am

I am new to this site. Just sign up for new letter. What is the size of the backing of your husband card? I missed it some how. I am new at card making and I love the different cards that you make.

• Catherine December 4, 2011, 11:35 am

Hi Earline! The card base is a half sheet of cardstock, cut in half, folded in half (11 x 4-1/4). Hope that helps!

• debra December 12, 2011, 9:02 pm

Love EVERYTHING about it!

• Jane January 29, 2012, 10:29 pm

Catherine this is just great. Thank you.

• Di March 14, 2012, 6:38 pm

Hi Catherine
    Just saw your great vid on you tube & wanted to say what a fab way to use the two tags die. Really love it & must try it for myself. Adding your site to my reader too! Warm wishes, Di

• Lou April 26, 2012, 5:25 pm

Thanks for being so creative. It is a beautiful card and can’t wait to create one myself. Thanks again.

• Md May 21, 2012, 7:39 am

Splendide
    Bravooooo

• Cindee Wilkinson May 26, 2012, 10:28 pm

What a FABULOUS idea! I will be using this fold in my Fabulous Folds class next month. Thanks so much!
    Cindee

• Mary D. June 25, 2012, 6:56 pm

I have not had time to be creative until now and I found you on you tube …this card is sooo cute and yet so different..I can not wait to make some of these..been getting requests for more birthday cards from some family members…your manly card is very elegant..love it. Thank you for sharing

• Johanna June 28, 2012, 8:52 pm

these are awsome cards! I think I will try to make them myself. I don’t think we would of had these cards if it was not for your imagination.

• Martee July 2, 2012, 6:15 pm

This is a beautiful card! I love the movement and the creative combination of paper choices.

• ASMITA September 2, 2012, 11:19 pm

wow very nice idea. will try for sure

• Sharon Spooner September 6, 2012, 8:36 pm

I like this card. That looks like a fun one to make for any occasion. .I sure enjoy your cards. Thanks so much .
    Sharon

• Marie September 10, 2012, 9:50 am

Loved your design!

• Carol February 4, 2013, 12:57 am

I absolutely love this card Catherine…I will have to get the tag die, if it is still available..lol..your cards are great!…keep up the great work…2013 later, and they are still lovely! Smiles

• Joan M. February 9, 2013, 11:17 am

I love your clever ideas on this card, can’t wait to try it myself !
    We have a lot of birthdays in our family in Feb., also, Kudos to All and keep smiling!

• Modesto May 22, 2013, 9:57 pm

Hey would you mind sharing which blog platform you’re using? I’m going to start my own blog
    soon but I’m having a difficult time choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for
    something completely unique. P.S Apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

• Ann Eales September 6, 2014, 11:57 am

Fantastic thank you for sharing.

3D Projects Big Shot Masculine Projects Techniques Videos

GET YOUR GUIDE: "THE TOP 10 THINGS EVERY STAMPER NEEDS TO KNOW"
(number 10 is my all-time favorite!)
Plus you’ll be added to my FREE mailing list to receive my best paper crafting tips and tricks that I only share in emails!

Wrinkle Free Distress on Four Types of Cardstock with Catherine Pooler

Access to StampNation is down

trendy peeks

A Very Trendy Holiday 2.0 – make awesome cards this holiday season!

Masked, Stencils and Watercolored Holly Christmas Card

Masked, Stencils and Watercolored Holly Christmas Card

TrendyHoliday2014

A Very Trendy Holiday 2.0 is coming!

34HolidayCardsandTags

Christmas Cards and Tags to make

KISS One Layer Christmas Card

One Layer Christmas KISS Card – video tutorial

Positive Post it notes

A Follow up to yesterday’s post

Pink Power breast cancer awareness2

Pink Power Blog Hop for Breast Cancer Awareness- Masking Video Tutorial

Sparkling White Emboss Resist Background 2

Sparkled White Emboss Resist Background – Video Tutorial

CASual Fridays masked snowflakes

Masked and Sponged Snowflake Card

autumn acornns

Ellen Hutson new stamps and Easy Faux Woodgrain Video Tutorial!

WCMD projects

World Card Making Day is here!

CatherinePooler_StampNation_WCMD_blog

Where am I for World Card Making Day?

Things don’t always go as planned…

double inked embossing 2