Stampers’ Q&A: What Punches are the Best?

silhouette sentiments stampin' up

Here is a common question that came to me this week from Lisa:

"In so many videos I watch, there’s layering of a small circle onto a different color larger circle…then ultimately matted onto an even larger scalloped circle, etc…

I guess I’m just wondering what punches you’d recommend for me to have in my crafting arsenal…lol.  I have a Cricut and have many cartridges that can cut circles any size…yet sometimes I find I just like the ease of reaching for a punch and calling it good…so…which punches would you recommend as the "must-have’s that I use over and over?"

This is such a terrific question, I thought I would address it here for this week’s Stampers Q&A.  Hold on to your hats, ladies (and gents!) there is a lot of info here, 2 fabulous projects (at least I think so ;) and a video showing you the goods!!

My very favorite punches that I use over and over and over again are:

• 119861 1 1/4" Circle Punch
  • 119850 1 3/8" Circle Punch
  • 119854 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch
  • 119855 1 3/4 x 7/8" Oval
  • 119856 Scallop Oval
  • 117191 2 Step Bird Punch
  • 119849 Modern Label Punch
  • 119857 Word Window Punch

You can see I used the 1 3/8" Circle Punch and Scallop Circle Punch on this card that I made for 2sketches4you.  I also used the Faux Suede Technique on the strip of Riding Hood Red for IncyWincyDesigns.

CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW TO DO THE FAUX SUEDE TECHNIQUE.

silhouette-sentiments stampin' up

STAMPIN’ UP SUPPLIES:

• Silhouette Sentiments Hostess Stamp Set
  • STAMPIN’ UP CARDSTOCK: Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla
  • STAMPIN’ UP INK PADS:  Riding Hood Red, Basic Black
  • STAMPIN’ UP ACCESSORIES:  119861 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 119854 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Victoria Crochet TrimVintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Cutter Kit, Love Story Designer Series Paper

For this card, I used my Extra Large Oval Punch to make the pumpkin.

The Word Window and Modern Label Punches with the Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set…those three are a PERFECT combination for adding just the right greeting to any card!

STAMPIN’ UP SUPPLIES:

• TEENY TINY WISHES STAMP SET
  • STAMPIN’ UP CARDSTOCK:  Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
  • STAMPIN’ UP INK PADS: Old Olive
  • STAMPIN’ UP ACCESSORIES:  Waffle Paper, Wicked Fun Specialty Paper, Sweet and Sour Specialty Paper, Extra Large Oval Punch, Leaves Big Shot Die, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch

pumpkin-punch-card stampin' up

This card was inspired by the sketch at Papercraft Planet, Paperplaytime (use mostly orange) and Simplyscrapping (use pumpkins!), Oh-la-la (nothing floral), squigglefly (celebration).

If you are not on my newsletter list, be sure to sign up right away!  My 12 Weeks of Christmas Campaign just began and you don’t want to miss out on another week!

Click here to SUBSCRIBE and you will get subscriber only projects, tutorials, a sign up gift and a holiday idea for the next 11 weeks delivered straight to your inbox!  Oh, yeah!  Did I mention you also get a sign up gift?

If you would like to purchase the products to make this card, or other Stampin’ Up supplies, Click Here!

signature4